What defines a good research question?
by Yuanqing Wang
Research question and hypothesis driven-test
If you can not derive a testable, falsifiable hypothesis from your research question, that's not a research question.
(falsifiable: a theory is falsifiable if it is contradicted by an observation that is logically possible)
Research question criteria
- Wide enough so that it's relevant.
- Narrow enough so that you can get your hands on.
- Doable within the limit of resources.
- You're equipped with the right toolking and are well-positioned to conduct such research.
- Will the results be interesting to you and to others?
- Does it concern a real and debatable issue?